Name:
Location: Toronto

Try me.

04 September, 2006

Blogging from Frankfurt

Iäm on mz waz to Canada, and am transitting through Germanz. Germans have reallz weird kezboards. But thatäs not the point.

Anzwaz, I know Frankfurt airport like the back of mz hand. Okaz, I need to digress, but where in the world did that phrase come from_ I mean, who reallz knows the back of their hand_!_! Iäm not even sure if I know which one is the front and which one is the back of mz hand. But zeah, I know this airport prettz darn well. I know where to find the lounges that are not overßcrowded, and where to find the rare one or two computers with the free internet connection. A lot of people have walked bz me over and over again, in the hopes that I will vacate this seat soon. Little do thez know (unless thezäre reading over mz shoulder) that I have a six hour halt here, and that Iäm not going ANZWHERE for that span of time!

To be quite honest, this airport is reallz boring. The dutz free shops are too darn expensive. I donät think I can afford anzthing in Euros! Luckilz, I struck gold at Muscat airport. I found a 700 page book for the measlz price of Rial Omani 1.8 i.e. approximatelz Rupees 200. Well, itäs a sillz chick flick book, but at that price, Iäd read anzthing! (Zes, living in the west screws up zour sense of monetarz value.) Plus, Iäve been to this airport so manz times, Iäve seen everz nook and corner. In fact, if onlz I were travelling with a lover, I know all the nooks we could be hooking up in!!!

Itäs depressing to go back to Canada. First of all, leaving the comforts of home is NEVER fun. I mean, what was I thinking when I wanted to run off to foreign lands after 12th grade_!_ Secondlz, the weather in Canada is going to be equallz depressing. 3 pm is prettz much night! Ugh. Thirdlz, I have to studz, just to get a stupid piece of paper thatäs going to determine who I am for the rest of mz life. I think thatäs reallz sillz. In fact, over the past 3 zears, I donät think Iäm anz smarter or anz dumber. Education is overßrated. But thatäs another blog post!

Anzwaz, itäs the month of September, and Iäm getting on a plane. Weäll meet again if I ever get to the other side.

P.S. ß As the observant maz have noticed, the y, apostrophe, hyphen, and question mark are all grossly misplaced on this keyboard. No matter how well zou know me, it was not a purposeful attempt to make zour life miserable. Danke! (Thatäs German, not misspelt.)





              
Creative Commons License