Name:
Location: Toronto

Try me.

12 June, 2006

GGWCF - Superpower-LESS!!!

June 12th

Match 1:

The winners - Australia (3)
The losers - Japan (1)
The game - I didn't watch this match. However, considering that the score at half-time was 0-1 with the goal in Japan's name, it can only mean that the Australians played a damn good game in the second half!

Match 2:

The winners - Czech Republic (3)
The losers - U.S.A. (0)
The game - Oh. What a game. It was a delightful one for anyone who is a CZE supporter! Or a U.S.A. hater such as moi. Every goal that was scored filled me with such joy that I wonder how the Czech Republicans must have felt. The Americans were the clear favourites going into the game. But the scoreboard told a different story altogether.
Men that matter - Rosicky scored 2 goals. He is also a 4/5 on the qutometer. I don't know about men on the American side because I don't really go for losers. Or maybe I'm just racist. Bah.

Now for the remaining recaps.

June 10th

Match 1:

The winners - Paraguay (0)
The losers - England (1)
The game - Yes. Technically, England won the points for the match. But it was hardly something to be proud of. "The best English side yet", the commentator reports. What they do on field could hardly be more of a contradiction. That one goal they got was sheer luck because the Paraguans were feeling a bit like deer-caught-in-headlights for the first few minutes of the game. But after the first quarter, the Paraguans were clearly the better team.
Men that matter - Owen (ENG) is a cutie (4/5 q.r.). But he did jack shit in the game. Beckham (ENG) is for those of you born in the 50s. Seriously. Valdez (PAR) has cute dimples (3/5 q.r.).

Match 2:

The winners - Trinidad & Tobago (0) and Sweden (0)
The game - I only watched it in bits and pieces but for a team that's participating at their first World Cup, T&T sure did a good job of not letting Sweden score.

Match 3:

The winners - Argentina (2)
The losers - Cote d'Ivoire (1)
The game - I did not watch this game. I did expect Argentina to win. What I didn't expect was Cote d'Ivoire to score.

June 11th

Match 1:

The winners - Netherlands (1)
The losers - Serbia & Montenegro (0)
The game - I did not watch this game. I just have one question though. How in the world is SCG a suitable acronym for Serbia & Montenegro???

Match 2:

The winners - Mexico (3)
The losers - Iran (1)
The game - I did not watch this game. But I have been told to regret that I didn't.

Match 3:

The winners - Portugal (1)
The losers - Angola (0)
The game - This pretty much looked like a recap of the ENG-PAR match. Portugal get lucky with an early goal and then pretty much suck through the rest of the game. The funny thing is that the Angolans weren't even all that good. They really need to work on their scoring-a-goal-in-the-vicinity-of-the-net skills. So, basically, it seems that either the Portugese were just being way too casual since it's just a Round 1 match, or they really aren't that good a team.
Men that matter - Loco (ANG) is following the footsteps of Beckham and Ronaldo of setting new hairstyle trends. A 1/5 q.r. though.






              
Creative Commons License