Name:
Location: Toronto

Try me.

14 June, 2006

GGWCF - It's obvious that MEN came up with the rules to football!

I'm not even going to bother to do a proper organized recap piece today because I'm pissed!!! Seriously, in which bloody world is it fair to pit 10 weak players against 11 good ones? Okay, forget their relative strengths. 10 versus 11? That's just lame, man. L-A-M-E!

And even the fouls are so questionable. I agree that the referee cannot be perfect, but sometimes it's so pissing off to see a player be given a yellow card because he bumped into the back of the opposing player while running. I know you sports guys aren't really all brain up there; so for your information, it's called INERTIA. (You probably never took physics though, so I don't blame you for not knowing.)

It's also amazing to see the player bumped into instantly fall to the ground crutching his ankle\wrist\crotch. No doubt that it hurts, but being a professional footballer, you'd think they'd develop some level of tolerance to pain, right? Even mosquitoes learnt to become resistant to DDT!!!!

Yeah yeah. So, it goes both ways. But it's not time to be doing probability here. It's about how a single mistake can make or break a team. And that's what happened today. When Poland lost Sobolewski, they lost their morale too. I don't think they came into this game thinking they could beat Germany, or even tie with them. But when they had managed that for 75 minutes, I'm sure they thought they could somehow pull off a draw with Germany. And that in itself would have been quite an achievement for them. But that referee just had to go and screw it all up. The minute the Poles were down to 10, Germany basically had a psychological advantage from there on.

Today, I am disappointed in the game. And I hate the Germans.

Auf Wiedersehen.





              
Creative Commons License