Name:
Location: Toronto

Try me.

18 May, 2006

You and your wife will be happy in your life together.

That's my Orkut fortune-for-the-day. Bloody sexist site. Isn't it so irritating when so-called co-ed sites are so stupid? Especially when they have all your information, including gender and sexual orientation etc. Or maybe they know something I don't know. Hmmm.

I'm in a bitchy mood tonight. Bitchy bitchy bitchy. It's been a-coming too. Man, it sounds good just to say it. BITCHY!!!

Today's Headlines.

Sometime earlier this week, a key came off my keyboard. Just like that. It bloody came off. I kept it aside and continued using my keyboard like all was well. A few days later, I realized that I didn't miss the missing key at all. So, I took a look at it.

An EXACT duplicate of the key already exists. So, basically that particular key is redundant and useless. Hey engineers! What's with THAT??? I paid for a crappy key that comes off from NEVER being used? Seriously. With all this moving forward with knowledge and technology, that move certainly took us a million steps backwards. And don't give me crap about "See, that key came off, and you still have the characters elsewhere to use it." I hardly ever use '/' and I can't remember the last time I used '|'. In fact, what the hell IS it??? It looks like it would probably be very handy on a Hindi keyboard! If you want to give me duplicate keys, I'd rather have another 'Enter' or even an extra '.'.

An hour after the key popped out, my cell phone fell down for the first time ever. I've never dropped it prior to this. And obviously, it cracked. I also noticed a small black piece lying next to it. It's one of the pieces that clicks into place while putting the cover back on. That piece is apparently useless too. The phone is still fixed perfectly, and the cover is in fact easier to put on and take off. There's even no rickety-ness or anything in the fitting. It's perfecto! So, again, engineers, why?

With regards to something they DID get right, I've got this new tiny mouse that I'm in love with, the size of Thumbelina! Check out the cool adjustable cord thingy. Now THAT I love. Wires are especially irritating, and this reduces the clutter. So, 10 points for that.

Moving on to Global News.

I'm sick of being called East Indian. I don't know why other Indians haven't taken offence to this yet, but seriously, we're the first Indians, damn it. I'm Indian. And someone from East India is also Indian. You North Americans can call your so-called Indians as Native Indians or any other prefix that you may prefer. But don't damn prefix me! It's gotten so bad that forms online that ask to fill out ethnicity, now state "East Indian" as one of the choices. I'm either Asian, South Asian or Indian. That's it. Bloody fucking Columbus. Just went around calling people Indian. Not only did the idiot not find India, but he went and discovered America, a country I could REALLY do without.

Coming up, some Corporate News, after the break.

[break]

[/break]

There are two types of corporations - those that rip you and those that let you rip them. FutureShop (Canadian version of Best Buy) I like because it's the latter kind. I bought an MP3 player solely for my trip to Illinois and returned it back today (30 days later) with no questions asked. Fido (my cell service provider), however, ripped me apart by plonking onto me a bill of $170 for my phone usage during my trip - just 10 freaking days!!!! Apparently, it's more expensive to receive a call while abroad than to make calls. Now, who would have thunk it?!? Bloody hell.

Now for some Reality TV News.

Yesterday was the Amazing Race finale. The hippies won the million dollars. Yay. I was rooting for them. They didn't play dirty AT ALL and they had a smile on their face throughout the race! Good for them. I felt bad for the frat boys, though. Maybe because one of them is terribly cute. But they were so painfully close, that I cried a few tears for them. For future reference, boys:

Oman (left), Thailand (right)







American Idol was down to choosing its final 2. As usual, the racist Americans voted out the amazingly talented Russian boy to choose the Barbie-doll-cute I'm-on-"American Idol: The Broadway Show" girl. I don't trust the American public to choose Taylor Hicks, the grey-haired uber-talented crazy-personality average-looking dude over afore mentioned pretty-face chick. But let's see. Go Soul Patrol!!!!!

What is wrong with The Apprentice? It's like every person who takes up being project manager and loses, gets the boot. That's so stupid! Even Hitler couldn't have managed some of those characters. I think Trump should watch the tapes and the drama that goes on behind the scenes to make more informed decisions. But then again, what is one badly hired apprentice going to cost him? A million bucks? 5 million? That was probably Ivonka's pocket money when she was 3.

We'll be back with some Sports News.

[break]

[/break]

The Americans piss me off yet again. Rugby is NOT football. Soccer is. So, when we talk about football, it should mean soccer. Let your American version be called something else, like rugby, for example. How often do you guys have your foot on the ball anyway? In soccer, the guys play the game mostly with their feet. So, isn't football a more appropriate name for that sport?

Plus, according to Columbia University Press, "the first recorded game probably was that on a Shrove Tuesday in Derby, England, part of a festival to celebrate a victory over a contingent of Roman troops (A.D. 217)." Do you see that, Americans? A.D. 217! Rugby came about only in 1823. So, how come all of a sudden, you guys decide that rugby gets to be called "football" and the real football must now be called soccer? You guys are either so fucking ignorant or so fucking arrogant. Either way, it's bloody pissing off. And most of the times, you guys are holding on to the ball for dear life. I suggest grabball or gropeball as a more appropriate name for your so-called macho game.

Last but not the least, some Animal Planety News.

I'm dog-sitting this week. Here's the little angel.

Isn't she CUTE??? This is great training for me because I've always wanted to have a dog, and now actually taking care of her will help me realize the responsibility that comes along with having one. So far, I've cleaned her puke and her poop. And I still love her. Looks like I may be ready for the Yorktese (below) I've been yearning for.

In Other News, I have an accounting exam tomorrow. Yet, it was of utmost importance to watch the series finale episode of Will and Grace. And Karen and Jack. Sigh. Also, Nestle sure knows how to make awefabulicious© ice-cream. I'm so in LOVE with their mint chocolate swirl. Not only are they not scrimpy with their chocolate chips, but those babies are huge. When it comes to sex and chocolate, I guess size DOES matter!

A little less conversation, a little more action please
All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning© me
....
Close your mouth and open up your heart
And baby satisfy me
Satisfy me baby!

Now here's a man who knew all about ending on good notes.

P.S. - How do you get rid of the damn French A in front of the copyright symbol, damn it???






              
Creative Commons License