Name:
Location: Toronto

Try me.

29 May, 2006

Long live people-who-have-no-life!

I've never really been interested in message boards. Or forums. Or whatever it is they're called.

For the past one week, a movie had been bothering me. I'd seen the trailor and I wanted to watch the movie. But for the life of me, I couldn't remember what the title was, or who was starring in it, or who directed it etc. So, I did what I always do when I have movie problems. I decided to IMDB it.

The site apparently requires specific information. Ugh. There is just no appreciation for vagueness in this world anymore! Resignedly, I clicked on 'Help'. Then, in the FAQ section, I found my question!!!

Q: "I'm looking for a film but I can't remember the title... can you help me?"

Yay. Yay. Yay.

A: "We'd love to help everyone, but unfortunately our staff is unable to..." Whaaaaaaat? Why? Gaaaaaaaaa! "You can try posting your question in one of our online message boards..." Pffft. Yeah, right. Whatever!

But eventually, I gave in. Beggars can't be choosers. So, I registered myself onto the site and posted my question.

40 SECONDS WAS ALL IT TOOK. To get my first reply. And it was spot on. Seriously! I was shocked. Amazed. At a loss for words. And you know it's almost impossible for me to be at a loss for words. I got my second reply in the next 4 minutes. Again, spot on.

For all the times that I have scoffed at people who use message boards, I am sorry! I was an idiot, and I admit it. I did not realize the power of the Internet. And thank you, YourDream84.

As for the movie, I shall be renting it tomorrow. It's just a movie about lesbian love. Nothing you guys would be interested in.





              
Creative Commons License