Name:
Location: Toronto

Try me.

14 April, 2006

Men. Today, I applaud you.

I've never really had a lot of respect for men. Except for my darling dad, obviously.

Now don't get me wrong. I love men! But I just never respected them. Admire them, yes. Lust them, yes. Respect them, no. That's because they've not really mastered that department themselves. When it comes to respecting women, they're dorks, jerks, idiots, fools etc. You get the picture.

I've known a gazillion guys. And they've all been in love or thought they were in love at least once in their lives. And when I ask them why, the first thing I hear is "She's so beautiful!" And they stop at that only because I'm a girl. I'm sure amongst themselves, they're discussing how she has such a hot ass or sexy legs or big boobs. BOCTAOE.

I know guys have the tendency to think with their dicks when it comes to women, but I got sick of hearing that line. And yes, you could say it's a case of the fox and sour grapes.

I've been born with a face, which I would hardly call cute, forget beautiful. And no, my parents are really not at fault here. They had the right genes. But even though the ingredients may be right, the combination has to be. It's like cooking. Your dish can turn out to be delicious or burnt. The "figure genes" didn't work out in my favour either. So, my sister turned out delicious; me, burnt.

I never really missed being loved because I had such great guy friends. I never really needed "a guy"; I had hundreds! But I wondered, would I ever be "loved"? You know, the wanted-kinda loved.

I don't want a guy who's good-looking. If he is, it's a bonus. But that's definitely not my top-5-qualities-I-look-for-in-a-guy list. Unfortunately, for guys, it is.

There are 4 kinds of girls.
1. Girls who are beautiful and have character
2. Girls who are beautiful but have no character
3. Girls who are not beautiful but have character
4. Girls who are not beautiful and have no character.
And I've put them in the order of priority given to them by guys. So falling in group 3, I had good reason to worry.

If there's one thing I know about myself is that I have a good heart. I've never done anything to hurt anyone intentionally. And I wondered if there would be a guy who'd think that was enough to fall in love with. I often answered to myself - no.

It's not even funny how wrong I turned out to be. In the past couple of years, so many guys have professed their love for me that I checked out all the latest magazines to find out if it was the latest fad or something - "Go tell that not-so-attractive girl you love her and see how funny it is!" I'm not talking about guys who've flirted. I'm talking about guys who've clearly stated that they love me. And no, they've not all been the I'm-so-desperate-I'll-settle-for-anyone kinda guys. I've had some real hotties too (There are girls AND guys (straight ones!) who'll vouch for their hotness.); guys who are not socially inept or anything. Basically, normal guys. Plus I've garnered a wide variety of fans through this blog apparently, from one who doesn't even have a clue what I look like [Hi Vinod ;)] to one who's a little young for me [Hi Shashank!!].

So obviously, these guys think that my good heart is good enough. Unless they're under the false impression that since I've not been blessed with good looks, I've been compensated with great talents, genius brains or Tarla Dalal cooking skills. No, guys. I'm just plain.

But whatever be their reason, they're there. They proved me wrong. And that's my point.

All I have to say is - thanks. I'm terribly flattered, to say the least. But above all, I applaud you. I applaud you for being able to look beyond skin and body. Hail the next generation men!!!

This is evolution, alright! ;)

P.S. - This post should be read the way it is and not between the lines. I have never considered myself any less of a person for not being beautiful. I've never tried to beautify myself. I've never owned make-up and don't know what lipstick tastes like. I love who I am and wouldn't change me for anything. Well, I wouldn't mind losing a couple of pounds though. Come on. Who wouldn't? Plus, it's supposed to be good for the heart and what not! :D





              
Creative Commons License